Did You Know
- Incredible as it seems, water is quite possibly the single most important catalyst in weight loss. Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored fat.
- Research by Federal, Provincial and City departments, as well as scientists in universities across the country and around the world, have declared that the regular use of chlorinated water for an extended period of time leads to diseases such as cancer , heart disease, birth defects and other degenerative disorders.
- Chlorine reacts to organic matter in the water and creates Trihalomethanes and Haloacetates, which have been proven to be carcinogenic.
- Next to chlorine, lead is the most common contaminant found in tap water.
- The U.S. EPA has also found that in adult males, better control over lead in drinking water could prevent over 680,000 cases of hypertension, 650 strokes, 880 heart attacks, and 670 premature deaths from heart disease every year in America alone.
- Even low lead levels are reported to cause the following types of problems; poor mental performance, low weight at birth, interference with the metabolism of Vitamin D, delayed growth and neurological development, and poor attention span.
- Tons of aluminium sulphate is added to our water in the treatment process to make the sediments settle out of the water.
- An Ontario study involving 668 autopsy-verified Alzheimer's brains, showing an increased risk by a factor of 2.5 in people drinking water with more than 100 micrograms of aluminium.
- Escherichia Coli (E.Coli), Gardia Lamblia, Fecal Coliform and Cryptosporidium are microscopic parasites found in the feces of infected humans or animals, often found in water sources after snowmelt or rainstorms, can cause serious intestinal illness.
- These parasites are mostly chlorine resistant and it is estimated that 1/3 of gastro intestinal illnesses can be traced to microbes in tap water.
- Current testing methods for Cryptosporidium miss about 90% of the parasites in the raw and finished water. (Milwaukee had the worst outbreak of Chriptosporidium in 1993. The authorities did everything the government required of them, and still 403.000 got sick and 115 died.)
- With over 70,000 chemicals now in use and with the introduction of a 1,000 more each year, drinking water contamination is increasing at an alarming rate. According to a leading citizen lobby, U.S. drinking water has 2,300 toxic chemicals causing cancer, cell mutation, and nervous disorders.
- Existing treatment plants were not designed to remove the new toxic chemicals, and the government is slow to regulate the high rate of contamination.
- Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- If the amount of water in your body is reduced by; 1% you feel very thirsty and your metabolism slows down. 3% can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math and difficulty focusing on the printed page. 5% you will have difficulty moving your muscles or thinking clearly, reducing your ability to work by 20-30%. At 10% loss of body water you will die.
- Drinking 8 glasses of water daily DECREASES the risk of:
• colon cancer by 45%, breast cancer by 79%,
• bladder cancer by 50% rectal cancer by 38%.
• back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
• kidney stones and urinary tract infections
• constipation, migraine headaches and obesity.
- Scientific research has revealed that the quality of the water is directly proportional to the health and longevity of people in 5 regions of the world who regularly live over 100 years of age.
- It has been estimated that 53 million Americans, about 20 percent of the population, have been drinking water that is contaminated with feces, radiation, lead, or other poisons. This is according to data collected by the United States Environmental Protection Agency in 1993-1994. This was a 7.6 million increase over 1992!
Bottled Water facts
- There are around 138 billion litters of bottled water being consumed annually and that number is expected to double by 2010! Over 90 percent in non-renewable plastic.
- "Bottled water may be no safer, or healthier, than tap water in many countries while selling for up to 1,000 times the price," the World Wildlife Fund said.
- The group added that 1.5 million tons of plastic are used to bottle water every year. "Toxic chemicals can be released into the environment during the manufacture and disposal of bottles," it said.
- The research by the University of Geneva shows that bottled water sells for up to 1,000 times the price of tap water, but that the quality is often no better.
- Bottled water is over priced, over 95% of cost is bottle, label, lid and transportation.
- Prolonged storage leads to leeching of trace toxic chemicals from the bottle into the water. ( Phthylate and Vinyl Chloride ).
- "Companies who market bottled water as being safer than tap water are defrauding the American public." U.S. FDA
- No disinfecting agent (Chlorine) to prevent bacteria build-up during storage, which is usually months or years. (check expiry date)
- Often healthy minerals and salts are lost when water is filtered.
- Even spring water is subject to aquifer contamination.
Dangers of Distilled and RO Water
- Removes the healthy minerals producing water with a flat taste.
- Cooking foods in distilled water pulls the minerals out of them and lowers their nutrient value.
- Since distilled water is like a vacuum without any minerals, it will actually leach beneficial minerals from your body to balance it out. While this maybe beneficial for a short period during some sort of detoxification regimen, this is usually highly counter productive in the long run.
- The more mineral loss, the greater the risk for osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, hypothyroidism, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure and a long list of degenerative diseases generally associated with premature aging.
- Distilled water is an active absorber and when it comes into contact with air, it absorbs carbon dioxide, making it acidic. The more distilled water a person drinks, the higher the body acidity becomes.
- Distilled water is highly acidic. Most of us are far too acidic already and the last thing we need to be drinking is a fluid that will make us even more acidic.
- Systems are expensive to maintain.
- Holding tank is subject to bacteria contamination.
- Many pollutants are not removed.
- Typically not effective at removing organic compounds such as pesticides and Trihalomethanes (THMs-known carcinogen) .
- Very slow process, taking hours for one glass of water.
- Distilled water tends to be acidic and can only be recommended as a way of drawing poisons out of the body. Once this is accomplished, the continued drinking of distilled water is a bad idea.
Zoltan P. Rona MD MSc
Dangerous Chemicals In Our Water
- The myth of Floride -
While fluoridation is neither effective nor safe, it continues to provide a convenient cover for many of the interests that stand to profit from the public being misinformed about fluoride.
- Chlorine -
"There is increased evidence for an association between rectal, colon and bladder cancer and the consumption of chlorinated drinking water", this according to the President's Council on Environmental Quality.
- Chloramine - Some people who use drinking water containing chloramines well in excess of EPA's standard could experience irritating effects to their eyes and nose, stomach discomfort or anemia.
- Uranium -
Dr. Lemieux said drinking water containing small quantities of uranium can cause kidney problems.
- Lead -
Even low lead levels are reported to cause the following types of problems; poor mental performance, low weight at birth, interference with the metabolism of Vitamin D, delayed growth and neurological development, and poor attention span.
- Arsenic - Some people who drink water containing arsenic in excess of EPA's standard over many years could experience skin damage or problems with their circulatory system, and may have an increased risk of getting cancer.
- Radon - Radon gas can dissolve and accumulate in underground water sources, such as wells, and in the air in your home. Breathing radon can cause lung cancer. Drinking water containing radon presents a risk of developing cancer.
- Bromate - Some people who drink water containing bromate in excess of EPA's standard over many years may have an increased risk of getting cancer.
- MTBE is a fuel additive, commonly used in the United States to reduce carbon monoxide and ozone levels caused by auto emissions. Due to its widespread use, reports of MTBE detections in the nation's ground and surface water supplies are increasing.
- Aluminium Sulphate - Tons of aluminium sulphate is added to our water in the treatment process to make the sediments settle out of the water.
- Plus another 2,300 toxic chemicals causing cancer, cell mutation, and nervous disorders.
- Microbes -
Fecal Coliform and E coli, Coliform bacteria,
Most Common Questions On Water Filtration
Questions & Answers about the Four Stage Ceramics
<< Back to Water Purifiers