Warning – City’s tap water is not really safe to drink
Read the latest press release. Click HERE
Pharmaceuticals in drinking water
Antidepressants found in fish
Cancer can be prevented
Prevention is the key
Billions of dollars have been spent over the last few decades trying to find a cure for cancer.
The effort so far has been fruitless other than some therapies that severely abuse the body by subjecting it to controlled doses of poison such as chemotherapy or radiation. Both of which have long-term destructive effects on the body as well as unbelievable and often unbearable side effects.
Despite all of this, cancer is in most cases preventable. We know that it is not a disease but a dysfunction brought about by the ingestion of poisonous chemicals into our bodies in the water we drink, the air we breathe and the improperly prepared food we eat. All of this leads to the breakdown of our body's natural immune system that have for centuries worked well to protect us against bacteria and naturally occurring contaminants. But the abuse of our air, water and food resources with man-made chemicals have led to a greater occurrence of cancer, heart disease, diabetes and so many more life threatening disorders.
Six main points we will cover in detail:
Change your Diet
Supplements and Antioxidants
Control your thoughts (You are what you think about)
Eleven facts about cancer you should know.
SOURCE: WORLD CANCER RESEARCH FUND
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet, juicing and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply, such as sugar.
Some of the world's leading experts in nutrition epidemiology have cast a resounding vote in the decades-long debate between treating or preventing cancer: Prevention wins.
There are 6 main points in cancer prevention.
Water – There are over 2300 know toxins in our water and scientists are now getting even more concerned about the long term effects of the mixes of them. Many people are under the impression that chlorine in water causes cancer. Their correct, but it is mainly the by-products of chlorine that gives you cancer. When chlorine reacts to organic matter in the water it creates Trihalomethanes and Haloacetates, which have been proven to be carcinogenic. Fluoride, which is added to the water supply of most municipalities to help cut down on tooth decay in children, is a possible carcinogen. The Journal of Epidemiology, in 2001, linked fluoride as the genetic cause of cancer.
Drinking 8 glasses of purified water daily DECREASES the risk of: • colon cancer by 45%, breast cancer by 79%, bladder cancer by 50% and rectal cancer by 38%.
Water also assists the kidneys in eliminating harmful salts, toxins and wastes and carries nutrients and oxygen to all the cells in the body. Very important in keeping a strong immune system.
According to the American Journal of Epidemiology bathing and showering in municipal treated water will increase you risk of cancer by 57 percent. The solution is a whole house filter or a shower filter to remove toxic chemicals.
Bacteria in your mouth - The bacteria that cause gum disease have been connected to a host of ailments. This is another reason why it is so important to kill the bacteria in deep pockets surrounding your teeth.
Air – Smoking. I don't have to tell you about this but recent finding have found that second hand smoke can be 40 times worst. Second hand smoke contains more than 4,000 substances, including over 40 that are linked to cancer.
The American Lung Association explains that an air purifier is the best way to clean indoor air because it is able to remove these harmful contaminants. The Lung Association review of studies links indoor air pollutants to a string of ailments -- from difficult breathing and wheezing to asthma, respiratory infections, bronchitis, emphysema and lung cancer. A Health Canada study estimates that the five common air pollutants -- carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, sulphur dioxide and fine particulate matter -- kill 5,900 people a year in eight big Canadian cities. A study from the EPA states that the number of deaths from lung cancer increases by 8 percent for every 10 micrograms of fine particulate matter per cubic meter.
We breathe in up to 20.000 litres of air a day. Don't you think that the 2 heaping tablespoons of pollutants can affect our health? Having a quality water and air purifier in your home just makes sense. Either you use a filter or you ARE the filter.
Metal toxins from your cookware -
Even at a very low level, heavy metal ions can cause serious health effects, including reduced growth and development, cancer, organ damage, nervous system damage, and in extreme cases, death. The most common heavy metal toxins are aluminum, arsenic , cadmium, lead, and mercury. Only surgical stainless steel cookware gives off zero metal oxides into your foods.
Pesticides and Herbicides – Organic meat and produce is readily available in most grocery stores now. For the extra 10% to 20% cost it is far more worthwhile than you can imagine. I recently attended an Organic Farmers fair and was surprised to learn that many of them take organic very seriously. I used to be a bit skeptical at just how organic the foods really were. I was surprised and relieved at the measures they take to make the soils and produce full of minerals and free from toxic poisons.
I have a farmer grow a cow for me every year. It goes from mother's milk to grass and never sees a needle. My baby cow does not contain livestock antibiotics, growth hormones or parasites. It costs far less than what I would pay for in a store and I give most of it away as red meat is also not the best for you if you eat it too often. Free roaming chicken and their eggs along with fresh fish are the main meats you should have to avoid cancer. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
Also just use your logic. No plastic containers or plastic wrap in the microwave. (Best not to use one at all) No plastic water bottles in the freezer. Use stainless steel or glass for drinking and storage. *
2. Slow Down
Ever hear the expression ‘Stop and smell the roses'? Are you the type that jumps out of bed when the alarm goes off giving you just enough time to get ready for work, put pack a coffee, fight rush hour traffic then deal with a stressful job?
Stress can have a serious effect on your health. Slow down and take the needed breaks. I know some people who practice TM (Transcendental Meditation) and a 20 minute session feels like they've slept for 4 hours. Yoga is also a great way to release stress and get your body into a relaxed state.
3. Change your Diet
A report, issued by the World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research, based on an exhaustive review of nearly 7,000 scientific studies into whether cancer rates are influenced by diet, obesity and exercise, concludes that cancer "is mostly preventable," estimating that about one-third of all cases in advanced countries like Canada could be eliminated by diets that aren't loaded with fatty, sugary foods, by people exercising regularly and, if they are obese, by slimming down to an appropriate weight. Among the cancers with links to these factors are those of the breast, prostate, mouth and colon.
Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc. are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in colour. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.
Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day. Take time to have a nutritious breakfast. If you don't have a lot of time mix some Muslix with organic yogurt and throw some fruit on top. Ideally use blueberries, as they are high in antioxidants. Simple and fast.
We will be starting an extensive list of recipes designed to reduce cancer. Our first one is already posted. Click HERE.
Juicing – Absolutely the best way to start your day.
Organic meat, vegetables, eggs and milk –
Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastrointestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk, cancer cells are being starved.
Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C). Whether you cook your vegetables by boiling, steaming or microwaving, you are bringing the temperature to over 100 degrees and losing all the nutritional value. Cook you vegetables in the Vacumatic cookware. When cooking Vacumatically the temperature does not exceed 72 degrees and thus retains all the vitamins, nutrients and minerals. Go HERE for more details.
Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water - best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled and RO water is acidic, avoid it.
Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrefied and leads to more toxic buildup.
You are what you eat.
Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
Dr. Shiriki Kumanyika, an epidemiologist at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and a member of an expert panel that oversaw the writing of the report. Also on the panel were such nutrition luminaries as the Harvard School of Public Health's Walter Willett, said scientific evidence strongly supports the estimate that poor diet, obesity and lack of exercise cause one out of three cancers. "I definitely feel confident that it's at least that much," she said.
To encourage more physical activity, the report says society should place less emphasis on elite professional sports that lead people to be sedentary spectators, and instead develop entertainment that inspires everyone to be physically active. It says cities should be designed for walking and cycling, rather than the current practice of promoting automobile use through road expansion.
The Canadian Cancer Society supports the report's approach, saying Canada needs a two-pronged strategy for dealing with cancer that involves both individual action and public-policy interventions that help people reduce their cancer risk.
5. Supplements and Antioxidants
Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells. For years I have been drinking a tea called Taheebo, or Pau D'arco as it is called in South America. It's an unusual taste but this tea made from the inner bark of an unusual tree grown in South America is a very strong antioxidant. I'm also a firm believer in the health benefits of the juices sold by many of the multi-level companies. I call it my liquid vitamins. There are many quality ones to choose from such as Goji Juice, Intra, Mangostien, etc. They're all great and loaded with antioxidants.
6. Control your thoughts
Never underestimate the power of the mind. Hypochondriacs do get sick more often mainly because they believe they are. One of the most profound statements I have ever heard was ‘You are what you think about'. Many books have been written on the subject. The most recent was ‘The Secret'. It's very simple. If you believe something strongly enough it can become reality. I've tested this theory many times and am constantly amazed at how it seems to keep working.
If you can see yourself with cancer and you're always worrying that you will get it, you may end up getting your wish. On the other hand if you regularly visualize yourself as the healthy individual who will live past 100 years of age, this may happen as well . ‘Whatever the mind can believe and conceive it can achieve.' DO NOT underestimate the power of your subconscious mind.
Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
Bottom line, Prevention is the best cure!!!
U.S. estimates of cancers that can be prevented with appropriate nutrition and physical activity:
Endometrium: 70%, Esophagus: 69%, Mouth, pharynx, larynx: 63%, Stomach: 47%, Colorectum: 45%,
Pancreas: 39%, Breast: 38%, Lung: 36%, Kidney: 24%, Gallbladder: 21%, Liver: 15%, Prostate: 11%
Total for these cancers: 34%
* Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army 20 Medical Center as well. Dioxin chemicals cause cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safe r to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.
Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel in stead.
Pharmaceuticals in drinking water
Ontario open to ban on sale of plastic water bottles
Updated Thu. Nov. 6 2008 1:44 PM ET
The Canadian Press
Click HERE for the story
Click HERE for some scary stats on bottles water
Ottawa Citizen Reports on E.coli in Ottawa river
Letter to CBC on tap versus bottled water debate
In response to your news reviews about municipalities and school boards restricting or banning bottled water in schools and municipal buildings I find the debate is ridiculous. Much of what the bottled water companies have said about tap water is accurate, as I will outline below. However, the bottled water industry is not much better. 99% of the cost of bottled water is for advertising, plastic bottles, transportation and profits etc. and the quality of their water is often no better than tap water and sometimes worse. It's certainly not worth the high cost. There is a much safer and much cheaper solution to the problem.
I have been studying water quality for almost two decades and for the last fifteen years have been selling, what I believe to be the best water purifiers in the world, but they cost between $400 and $1000. They are expensive and a lot of ordinary people can't make that investment in their health. I have been trying to solve that problem for years and have only recently come up with a new business model that can provide each home in the City of Ottawa with unlimited clean, pure, safe great-tasting water for less than 32 cents a day. That means sufficient pure water with all its essential minerals intact for drinking, cooking and even for the pets and indoor plants. Especially the fish!
Please do not think that I blame the city water purification people for the poor quality water problem. They are doing the best they can but given the volume they have to produce and the chemicals and contaminants being leaked into our waterways they just can't refine the water to a level that is drinkable. Even if they could, that water would be re-contaminated as it passed through the hundreds of miles of pipes to reach our homes. I want that deadly chlorine in my water right up until it reaches my taps . But then I have to make a decision, do I want to have a good water purifier or do I want to be the purifier? If I decide to be the purifier, I must remember replacing the clogged human organs can be a long, painful and sometimes fatal process and the replacement you get is never a new one. It's your decision, do you really want you and your family to be the filters? Or do you want to be able to throw away the bacteria, chemicals, heavy metals, poisons and other contaminants every year and start with a brand new fresh purifier cartridge?
For more information about how citizens of Ottawa can get great tasting water for less than 39 cents a day they can go to my website. The website include a large number of reports on why tap water is not good for your long term health. It also explains why the Doulton water purification cartridge towers above all other water purification systems when it comes to producing great-tasting water with all the natural minerals still intact.
There is a much better alternative to both tap water and bottled water that will keep people healthy, kids will drink it because it tastes so much better than tap water and it won't involve filling the landfills with plastic bottles. The perfect environmentally friendly solution to the tap and bottled water debate.
Did you know that Doulton started making ceramic water filters 180 years ago for Queen Victoria and they have been improving on it ever since. Now it filters down to 0.3 of a micron, which is pretty small when the diameter of an average hair measures 100 microns across.
Go to www.belkraft.com for more background information such as:
- Why it is so important for us to drink water for our long term health?
- The benefits of drinking plenty of water.
- How bad is our tap water?
- A comparison of all sources of purified water
- Why a Doulton washable ceramic /carbon block cartridge is better than any other system.
- How you can get clean, pure, safe, great tasting water for less than 39 cents a day?
I hope you can investigate this much better alternative to tap or bottled water. I already have doctors and health food stores promoting it for me. Unfortunately at 32 cents a day the advertising budget is virtually non-existent. I just want people in Ottawa to have a better choice.
To whom it may concern.
Here is my opinion of the Bottled Water debate that seems to be raving across the city.
My personal info is at the bottom of the letter
WHY THE BOTTLED WATER VERSUS TAP WATER DEBATE IS SILLY AND MISLEADING.
Many local municipal agencies are making moves to ban bottled water sales in their establishments, stating that bottled water is no better than tap water and people are paying too much money for a product that creates an environmental nightmare.
The water bottlers are saying that if kids don't have bottled water available to them they will turn back to the sugar laden soda drinks because the taste of city water is bad. And so the silly argument can continue forever until someone wakes up and realizes that both sides are wrong and nobody is looking at a simple solution that can resolve the problem for everybody. Let's look at the facts.
BOTTLED WATER FACTS
These are taken from a US study simply because a Canadian version is not available but the truth is proportionately the figures apply just as much in Canada.
- Each day over 70 million bottles of water are sold in the US.
- Last year over 38 billion single-use water bottles ended up in U.S. landfills and waterways leaching toxins into our earth and water.
- Bottled Water production, transportation and disposal required more than 17 million barrels of oil last year in America alone, enough fuel for more than 1 million cars for a year, generating more than 2.5 million tons of carbon dioxide.
- 1.5 million barrels of oil are used to produce the plastic bottles for the 8 billion gallons of bottled water consumed each year in the U.S. This equates to enough oil to power 100,000 vehicles for a year.
- Transporting water bottles from origin to market in the U.S. alone is equivalent to 38,000, eighteen-wheel trucks delivering water weekly.
- Over 2.5 billion tons of plastic are used each year to produce single-use water bottles, resulting in over 1.5 million tons of plastic waste per year, requiring 47 million gallons of oil to produce.
- Bottled water companies, water to production ratios are roughly 3 to 1. This means for every 3 liters of freshwater that the bottled water industry takes from the earth and our U.S. municipal water sources only 1 liter of bottled water is actually produced. What happens to the remaining 2 liters? It is used to clean bottles and machinery and discarded as wastewater.
TAP WATER FACTS
- In the so called filtering of city water large amounts of toxic chemicals are added to the already heavily contaminated water sources including;
- The chlorine that is added to the water to disinfect it of viruses, bacteria and parasites is not only poisonous but acts upon microscopic organic material to create Trihalomethanes (THM's) which are known to be carcinogenic.
- Scientists at all levels of government and research institutes around the world have declared that the long term, continued use of chlorinated water leads to cancer, heart disease, birth defects and a host of other major health problems.
- Over the past two decades, our society has dumped more chemical waste, sewage, poisons, industrial waste and drugs into our water sources than at anytime in history.
- In the first two months of the year there have been 3 contaminating spills into the Ottawa River. One nuclear, one raw sewage water and recently a spill of 6,000 lbs of Freon used in air conditioning and refrigeration units. You can't send your old fridge to the dump until you have paid to have the toxic Freon removed by a registered contractor. It's the law because its dangerous, but the city declares it will have no effect on the purity of our city tap water.
- If you need 100's more reasons why not to drink tap water visit www.belkraft.com
Please don't get me wrong I am not against what the municipal water people are doing. Given the volume of tap water they have to filter and that the provincial standards for water quality permit relatively small amounts of cyanide, strontium and hundreds of other toxic chemicals we can't expect more. Recent research has stated that they are less concerned about the 2300 chemicals found in our water and more about the powerful cocktails that are created when many of these chemicals get together in the mix.
Even if they could clean the water to a safe level it would get re-contaminated as it travels through the hundreds of miles of pipes to get to my home. I will categorically state that I WANT the deadly chlorine in my tap water right up to the taps in my home, because at that point I can make the decision about what I will drink or not.
The Third Alternative
Where in the debate has anybody considered the third alternative? One that provides pure, clean, fresh great-tasting water without the need for a single plastic bottle going to recycling or the landfill. There are hundreds of water purification systems on the market and unfortunately many of them do a poor job of purifying the water. If you open the Brita refill carton (it's written on the inside of the box) it clearly states in tiny print, “the Brita Pitcher filter is not intended to purify water.” If you would like to find out a few of the many facts and reports on Bottled water, tap water and water filters go to www.belkraft.com
Now you and your family can have unlimited pure, clean, safe, great tasting water for drinking, cooking and even pets and house plants (the fish love it) all for less than 32 cents a day. Yep you heard me right, you don't have to buy a water purifier, don't take care of it, you just drink the water or put some in a safe drinking bottle and take it with you and your whole family can drink great water for less than the cost of one small bottle of bottled water from the vending machine each day.
If you are currently drinking bottled or tap water you should find out more.
After 123 years, it finally blew
WHAT LIES BENEATH: The water pipe that burst downtown yesterday was installed in 1885. Rupture highlights how accounting decision 'shortchanged' public
Indeed, the city's water main system contains 2,700 kilometres of piping, and Mr. Weir said there are roughly 320 breaks per year. Two hundred kilometres of the pipe is made of cast iron and is older than 95 years.
Click HERE for the story.
Canadian stores race to purge bisphenol A products
In the News…
Public Health and Drinking Water News Briefs:
Oct 2010 issue
June 2010 issue
June 2008 issue
May 2008 issue
April 2008 issue
March 2008 issue
February 2008 issue
January 2008 issue
December 2007 issue
November 2007 issue
October 2007 issue
August 10, 2007 issue
July 2007 issue
March 2007 issue
TEN STEPS TO OUR CHILDREN'S TOXIC FREE FUTURE
ANTIOXIDANTS IN CHOCOLATE MAY HELP PROTECT AGAINST CANCER
International global warming conference approves report on climate change
IAQ Articles (
International Indoor Air Quality Commission )
A Primeval Tide of Toxins - Runoff from modern life is feeding an explosion of primitive organisms. This "rise of slime," as one scientist calls it, is killing larger species and sickening people.
Do you trust your cities tap water?
Here is a list of all water treatment chemicals used.
(From the City of Ottawa water treatment web site.)
- Aluminum Sulphate (liquid)
- Sulphuric Acid (liquid - 93%)
- Sodium Silicate (liquid)
- Sodium Hypochlorite (liquid -12%)
- Hydrofluorosilicic Acid (liquid)
- Sodium Hydroxide (liquid - 50%)
- Aqueous Ammonia (liquid)
- Carbon Dioxide (gas)
- Sodium Bisulphite (for dechlorination)
Each one of these chemicals would kill you in stronger concentration.
Just a thought.
This is what they have to say about water. They have the nerve to mention the word 'purified' after dumping all this in our water.
'On an ordinary day, the human body loses about two litres of water through breathing, perspiration and excretion. It's important that we replace that lost fluid with clean, safe water. While the waterborne transmission of typhoid fever, diphtheria, cholera and several other intestinal diseases has decreased by over 98 percent in Canada during the last 50 years, our water still needs to be purified and treated before we drink it.'
“ANTIOXIDANTS IN CHOCOLATE MAY HELP PROTECT AGAINST CANCER. DARK CHOCOLATE HAS BEEN FOUND TO MODERATE BLOOD PRESSURE, AND OTHER INGREDIENTS ELEVATE MOOD.”
“A RECENT STUDY FOUND THAT THOSE WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE WHO ATE A 3.5 OUNCE DARK CHOCOLATE BAR DAILY FOR 15 DAYS WERE REWARDED WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE, LOWER LDL(BAD) CHOLESTEROL, AND IMPROVED SUGAR METABOLISM.”
A RECENT STUDY FOUND THAT CHOCOLATE SUPPRESSES APPETITE. IT ALSO HELPS PREVENT THE BODY FROM TAKING THE FAT IN OUR DIETS AND PUTTING IT IN FATTY CELLS. IN ADDITION, BECAUSE OF THE MOOD ELEVATING CHEMICALS, PEOPLE FEEL MORE ENERGY AND WANT TO EXERCISE MORE. BECAUSE OF THIS COMBINATION THEY CONTINUE TO LOOSE WEIGHT.
OUR PRODUCTS ARE PRODUCED WITH RICH, UNPROCESSED CACAO POWDER THAT HAS BEEN FOUND TO HAVE THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF ANTIOXIDANTS OF ANY FOOD PRODUCT IN THE WORLD, COMBINED WITH THE ACAI BERRY (DESCRIBED AS NATURE'S MOST COMPLETE WHOLE FOOD) THAT CONTAINS MORE THAN 14 TIMES THE ANTIOXIDANTS OF RAW SPINACH AND THE DARK CHOCOLATE THAT IS RICH IN ANTIOXIDANTS, FLAVONOIDS FOR A HEALTHY HEART AND OTHER PHYTONUTRIENTS ESSENTIAL TO GOOD HEALTH.
“FOR MORE INFO ON “THE HEALTHY CHOCOLATE” GO TO http://mxi.myvoffice.com/dynastar/products.cfm
by author Curtis Foreman
Water sustains life. The water you drink replenishes your body's cells and flushes out waste to keep you healthy and vibrant. In fact, at any given time, almost two-thirds of your body is composed of the water you've consumed in the previous few days.
Now picture this: a friend offers you a glass of water and presents you with something that smells strongly of chlorine. When you pull a face, she laughs and says she knows it smells, but thinks it's okay to drink.
In a way, she's right; chlorine is the very reason that most municipally treated water is "okay." Ever since the disinfecting properties of chlorine were discovered in the 19th century, cities have been adding it to drinking water to kill harmful micro-organisms and pathogens.
But the benefits of chlorination come at a cost. Although scientists and health officials generally agree that chlorine levels in municipally treated water are too low to pose a significant health risk to humans, the use of chlorine actually creates byproducts that can cause serious harm.
When chlorine reacts with organic material, such as leaves and twigs in source water, it produces chlorinated organic compounds called trihalomethanes, which include such toxic substances as chloroform. Several studies have shown these substances to be carcinogenic even in extremely low doses, and other studies have implicated them in problems during pregnancy.
Chlorine and its byproducts aren't the only hazards. Lead from pipes can leach into water supplies. If your drinking water comes from an untreated source such as a private well, the groundwater supply can become tainted with diseases such as Giardia or Cryptosporidium, fecal coliform from animal waste, or chemicals such as pesticides.
The best solution would be to invest into a quality water purifier for your kitchen. One guaranteed to remove Cryptosporidium, Giardia Lambia, E coli, chemicals and lead.
We have a new Free computerized health questionaire .
Water has been called “the most essential nutrient.”
The benefits of drinking plenty of water:
helps us look better by keeping our weight in check
revitalizes dull dry skin and lubricates all of our joints
regulates our body temperature,
assists the kidneys in eliminating harmful salts and wastes
carries nutrients and oxygen to all the cells in the body.
essential for maintaining good health.
Approximately two thirds of a person's body weight is water.
Blood is 63% water, The Brain is 75% water, Muscles are 75% water,
Lungs are 80% water, The Heart is 75% water, Liver is 85% water
Kidneys 63% and Bones are 22% water.
The average adult requires about 8 to 12 cups of water per 24 hours
for digestion, perspiration, breathing and elimination of body waste.
One third of our basic water intake comes from the fruits and vegetables.
A deficit of at least eight cups of water a day must be added to ensure the health and wellness of our body and avoid dehydration.
Any strenuous physical exercise demands even more water intake.
(A single exercise session can deplete our body's water by 3 to 5 litres.)
Please note that the following do NOT count towards water intake:
Drinks containing nutrients, such as milk, fruit juices, sugar sweetened drinks, salty tomato based juices etc. takes water from the body to process the nutrients.
Tea, coffee, cola drinks and alcoholic beverages are diuretics that promote urination, causing even greater water loss than the liquid consumed.
What happens if we don't get sufficient water?
Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
If the amount of water in your body is reduced by
1-2%, you feel very thirsty and your metabolism slows down.
2-5% can trigger fuzzy short term memory, trouble with basic
math and difficulty focusing on the printed page or screen
5%, you'll have difficulty moving your muscles or thinking
clearly reducing your ability to work by 20-30%.
At 10% loss of body water you will die.
Drinking 8 glasses of water daily DECREASES the risk of:
colon cancer by 45%, breast cancer by 79%,
bladder cancer by 50% rectal cancer by 38%.
back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
kidney stones and urinary tract infections
constipation, migraine headaches and obesity.
Scientific research has revealed that the quality of the water is directly proportional to the health and longevity of people in five regions of the world who regularly live to over 120 years of age.
Surveys show that 75% of North Americans are chronically dehydrated and it is reaching epidemic proportions because water is substituted for other liquids that actually increase the body's water needs.
In 37% of North Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger. Hence, we mistakenly snack when we should be drinking water to satisfy the body's emergency warning signals.
How bad is our tap water?
Despite years of research many people still believe faith that the city would only provide them with clean healthy water.
Over the past 2 decades our society has dumped more chemical waste, sewage, poisons, industrial waste and pharmaceutical drugs into our water sources than at anytime in history. Our rivers and lakes have been contaminated and even the subterranean aquifers that supply our wells and springs have become contaminated by the leaching of pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, nitrates, phosphates, dioxins and so many more toxic substances. Manure and other organic waste has led to increased bacteria in our water sources.
Virtually every day the media reports incidents of contamination and pollution of our municipal water sources. Water quality varies from city to city, street to street and tap to tap. Water can change from day to day depending on water treatment techniques and controls.
Our water treatment people are fighting an uphill battle. With limited resources, they try to clean up the water as best as they can. Over 75% of community water supplies are disinfected with chlorine to kill disease-causing germs. Without the chlorine, most of us would be dead in days from water-born bacteria and viruses.
Chlorine is itself a poison and despite its extreme dilution,
it does have a long term affect upon our health.
Research by federal, provincial and city departments as well as scientists in universities across the country and around the world, have declared that the regular use of chlorinated water for an extended period of time leads to diseases such as cancer, heart disease and a myriad of other genetic and degenerative disorders.
10 to 15 years ago, statistics showed 1 in 15 would suffer with cancer. The current projections have increased to 1 in 2 within the next 10 years.
Chlorine reacts to organic matter in water and creates Trihalomethanes which have been proven to be carcinogenic.
Escherichia Coli (E.Coli), Gardia Lamblia, Fecal Coliform and Cryptosporidium are microscopic parasites found in the feces of infected humans or animals, often found in water sources after snowmelt or rain storms. When found in drinking water they can cause serious intestinal illness. Some of these parasites are chlorine resistant.
It is estimated that one third of gastro intestinal illnesses can be traced to microbes in tap water.
Current testing methods for Cryptosporidium are imprecise and miss about 90% of the parasites in the raw and finished water.
What most people are not aware of is that the water coming from our taps could in fact be creating the very health problems that we suffer from and are constantly trying to battle.
Pollutants picked up as the water passes through distribution pipelines include copper, iron, zinc and lead which often cause unpleasant odour, unpalatable taste and discoloration along with the long term health effects. Lead in water may cause brain retardation in children.
Scrutinizing the contents of our drinking water can reveal a deadly cocktail of poisons and substances in minute traces that destroy healthy body cells or collect in the body and cause harm.
Scientists have identified over 2300 different chemicals in our water.
Most people do not drink enough water because it doesn't taste good and they defer to sweet tasting drinks that diminish rather than increase their bodies water supply.
If you could see the state of the water pipes from the plant to your home you would want the disinfecting power of chlorine in the water right up to your tap but at that point you have to make a decision….
A doctor once said:
“you can either have a filter or you will be the filter.”
If you decide to be the filter, remember that replacing the clogged human filter can be a long, painful and sometimes fatal process and the replacement you get is not a new one and is often well worn in.
Its your decision….
Do you want you and your family to be the filters?
Or do you want to be able to throw away the bacteria, chemicals, heavy metals, poisons and other contaminants every couple of years and start with a brand new fresh cartridge?
How can we get good water?
Our choices include:
- Buying bottled water;
- A pitcher type or faucet mount filter;
- A Reverse-Osmosis Filtration System;
- A Water Distillation unit;
- A Granular Activated Carbon filter (GAC);
- A Nutri-Tech Water Purifier with the Doulton Ceramic pre-filter.
Let us look at our options.
Here is what researchers say about bottled water.
Despite perceptions that it's healthier, there is little difference between bottled water and tap water — apart from cost. Bottled water may be no safer, or healthier, than tap water in many countries while selling for up to 1,000 times the price.
Bottled water is the fastest growing beverage industry in the world, worth up to $22 billion a year. But the study, conducted by University of Geneva researcher Catherine Ferrier, said the only difference between some bottled water and tap water is that it is distributed in bottles rather than pipes.
1.5 million tons of plastic are used to bottle water every year. "Toxic chemicals can be released into the environment during the manufacture and disposal of bottles.
In 50% of cases the only difference is that bottled water has added minerals and salts, which do not actually mean the water is healthier.
Bottled water is virtually unregulated.
Bottled water is over priced, over 95% of cost is bottle, label, lid and transportation.
Any time water is stored for a prolonged period of time in a plastic bottle, it will take on traces of the chemicals used in the plastic such as Pthylate and Vinyl Chloride.
According to the FDA, "Companies that market bottled water as being safer than tap water are defrauding the public”
Small Pitcher or Faucet Type Filters
Quote off the inside of the box of the Brita Water filter cartridge;
“Caution! The Brita water filter is not intended to purify water.”
A small gravity filter can not be expected to remove heavy duty pollutants.
As it reduces Chlorine and bad taste, we are given the impression that the water is clean.
Water Works Association has described small cartridge units in a pitcher or that attach to the tap as "totally useless", because of their size and the brief exposure time.
The presence of organic nutrients in carbon filters can promote bacterial growth, as quickly as overnight. (Taken from the "City of Ottawa" water treatment plant website).
For every gallon of filtered water, eight gallons go down the drain.
Very slow. Without a holding tank it would take a few hour for one glass of water.
Not effective at removing some bacteria.
Removes all the healthy natural minerals. (*see 'Calcium' below)
Maintenance in costly.
The RO membrane can clog or rupture.
Takes up all the space under your sink.
Water has a flat taste.
Costly to operate. Every litre costs $0.6 in hydro.
Bacteria growth in the holding tank.
Removes all the healthy minerals.
Water tastes flat.
Many pollutants are not removed.
They are typically not effective at removing organic compounds such as pesticides and Trihalomethanes (THMs). THMs is a known carcinogen.
Common Carbon Filters (G.A.C.s)
Bacteria grows inside.
Ineffective at removing lead and other heavy metals and will not soften the water.
Most units are sealed and not cleanable.
No replaceable cartridge.
What is the solution?
According to a quote from the ‘Alive' health magazine;
“The best type of filter to buy would be an activated carbon block filter with a sediment pre-filter to remove bacteria and parasites, and an automatic shut off point when the filter has reached it's limit.”
We teamed up with Doulton of England, the worlds leader if water filtration since 1827.
Doulton manufactures over 100 million filters a year to 188 different countries.
Combining their porcelain filtration expertise with our Surgical Steel expertise, we have produced the best water purifier on the market to date.
How Does It Work?
First the water passes through the Doulton sub-micron pre-filter.
This stage is a purifier on its own and filters down to 0.3 microns.
The porcelain is impregnated with silver which renders its surface bacteriostatic. Bacteria cannot grow on the surface or work its way through. Silver mixed with granulated carbon (G.A.C.s) leaches out. Such a unit will be less effective.
Once the pure water passes through the porcelain, it then travels through an ion exchange chamber which removes all the heavy metals such as the lead, aluminum and mercury.
Stage three is a solid carbon block which is so compressed that it has the filtering surface of over 300.000 square yards.
The result is the purest possible water with all the healthy natural minerals intact.
The benefits of this type of purification are;
- The porcelain is washable. The inside never clogs up.
- The unit indicates when to clean it or replace it, by the flow rate.
- It is the only purifier on the market that allows the free flow of the Calcium and other healthy natural minerals.
- Because of the minerals, the water has a sweet delicious taste.
- Bacteria cannot grow inside the filter.
- Removes heavy metals such as Lead, Mercury and Aluminum.
- The housing comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Very easy to maintain.
- It is EPA approved.
- It uses only FDA (Federal Drug Administration) approved materials.
- It meets NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) standards 42 and 53.
- It is backed by two respected companies: BelKraft and Doulton of England.
- Service is free.
We have a purifier for every need!
See more purifiers on our Water Purifier page
* Calcium helps to reduce risk of osteoporosis, high blood pressure as well as colon and rectal cancers.
Treated water devoid of calcium and natural minerals acts as an active absorber.
It will incease bodily acidity, the risk of osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, hypothyroidism, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, premature aging and cardiovascular disease.
Protect yourself . . .
. . . against the consequences of the byproducts (i.e., trihalomethanes) of chlorinated drinking water. You have a right to clean potable water!
1905 – Chlorine introduced to municipal drinking water to prevent waterborne diseases such as typhoid, cholera, etc.
1990 – Risk factor in developing bladder cancer among people ingesting chlorinated water ranged from 12 to 27% (National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD)
1992 – Chlorination and byproducts account for at least 6,500 cases of rectal cancer and 4,200 cases of bladder cancer in the U.S. each year. (Harvard University School of Public Health, Medical College of Wisconsin)
1997 – Chloroform, a byproduct of mixing chlorine with humic acid found in surface water, is linked to an increased risk of colon cancer. (University of Minnesota)
1998 – Pregnant women who drank 5 or more glasses per day of tap water containing trihalomethanes had a miscarriage rate of 15.7%. (California Department of Health Services)
It is estimated that within 10 years one out of two of us will suffer from some form of cancer.
Read on if you would like to minimize your odds.
Over the years of being involved in the health and nutrition industry, I have developed some habits that I truly believe will help me live past 100 years of age.
The following is a list of what I think are some of the most important ways to stay healthy:
WATER - Doctors recomend we drink a minimum of 8 glasses of purified water a day. The water should not be filtered by a Distiller or Reverse Osmosis, as you want your drinking water to have the minerals intact. (See my site on water purifiers)
AIR - Purify the air in your home and office.
FOODS - Always scrub and wash your fruits and veggies in filtered water. (Why add more carcinogens) Prepare your food properly. Cook your vegetables in a Vacumatic saucepan, which will preserve all of your vitamins, nutrients, color and taste. Steam comes to 100° and micro waving boils the vegetable within its own juice, so either raw or cooking in a vacuum vapor will preserve the natural goodness of your foods.
Never have a cold drink drink with your meal. Always drink something hot.
Avoid Contaminated Fruits and Vegetables.
Remember, you are what you eat.
JUICING - Juice every morning. I start my day with a big glass of carrot and apple. If I miss lunch I don't end up with a headache. It is not normal to ever have a headache. We seem to treat our cars better than our bodies. I found an excerpt in the book 'The Juiceman' where they say the best way to eliminate a headache is to drink 1 full liter of purified water within 20 minutes.
SHOWER AND BATH - I have heard from many of my clients in the medical fields that a very large percentage of Chlorine and chemicals from city water is absorbed through our skin when we bath or shower. The best way to eliminate these carcinogens from entering our bodies is with a 'whole house' water filter. For those of us with out the disposable income for such a costly toy, the next best thing is a shower filter. After I installed mine, I immediately noticed a difference with my skin and my wife noticed a softness with her hair. Most importantly, it gives us a piece of mind knowing that our children are not bathing in a 'chemical cocktail'.
TRANSFATS & ACRYLAMIDES - I was shocked at the foods that I thought were healthy that are actually killing my family (see the articles).
FREE RADICALS - If we don't take powerful antioxidants daily to fight the free radicals we could end up being one of the thousands of people who die daily of cancer. I found two antioxidants in the health food stores that impressed me. One is called 'ALL GREENS' and the other 'GREEN +'. A combination of both gives me every thing I want.
Now, for the logical things we must do for our health:
- Don't snack past 3 hours before bed. Try to keep your snack healthy. Veggie dips and fruit platters are my favorites. Flavoured popcorn can be nice but stay away from potato chips as they are usually loaded with transfats.
- Try to remain close to your ideal weight. I find if I stand on the scales in the morning it will remind me daily to eat the right things.
- Avoid smoke and second hand smoke.
- Get enough 'deep' sleep. I used to snore and never felt rested so I spent a night at the 'sleep clinic' and they found that I only got a few minutes of deep sleep and would wake about 20 times an hour. My dentist made me an appliance for at night that would keep my lower jaw forward and prevent me from snoring. It worked so well that it not only saved my life, (as you can die from Sleep Apnea) but also my marriage. (The snoring drove her nuts) For more info on this, contact Dr. Greenacre's clinic in Ottawa.
- Stay active. Limit your TV viewing. Make time to exercise, even if it's just a walk around in the mall.
- Watch your stress level. Get a hobby or a pet. Our Lhasa Apso and ShitZu mellow us out after a hard day.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol. I like Swiss Water decaffeinated coffee. I'll drink the 0.5% beer and never drink fountain pop when I go out. (Made with city water).
- A nap or 30 minutes of TM feels great when you're a bit older. (Over 50).
People always guess my age to be in the mid 30's. Even the 'age & weight' guessers at the Ex want to see ID because they don't believe I'm over 50. I truly believe that if you feel younger, you look younger. It's all up to us. Lets get started!
Call Ron at (613) 523-7800 (local calls)
1-877-523-7800 (toll free - outside Ottawa) or e-mail now.
Did You Know?
- Incredible as it seems, water is quite possibly the single most important catalyst in weight loss. Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored fat.
- Research by Federal, Provincial and City departments, as well as scientists in universities across the country and around the world, have declared that the regular use of chlorinated water for an extended period of time leads to diseases such as cancer , heart disease, birth defects and other degenerative disorders.
- Chlorine reacts to organic matter in the water and creates Trihalomethanes and Haloacetates, which have been proven to be carcinogenic.
- Next to chlorine, lead is the most common contaminant found in tap water.
- The U.S. EPA has also found that in adult males, better control over lead in drinking water could prevent over 680,000 cases of hypertension, 650 strokes, 880 heart attacks, and 670 premature deaths from heart disease every year in America alone.
- Even low lead levels are reported to cause the following types of problems; poor mental performance, low weight at birth, interference with the metabolism of Vitamin D, delayed growth and neurological development, and poor attention span.
- Tons of aluminium sulphate is added to our water in the treatment process to make the sediments settle out of the water.
- An Ontario study involving 668 autopsy-verified Alzheimer's brains, showing an increased risk by a factor of 2.5 in people drinking water with more than 100 micrograms of aluminium.
- Escherichia Coli (E.Coli), Gardia Lamblia, Fecal Coliform and Cryptosporidium are microscopic parasites found in the feces of infected humans or animals, often found in water sources after snowmelt or rainstorms, can cause serious intestinal illness.
- These parasites are mostly chlorine resistant and it is estimated that 1/3 of gastro intestinal illnesses can be traced to microbes in tap water.
- Current testing methods for Cryptosporidium miss about 90% of the parasites in the raw and finished water. (Milwaukee had the worst outbreak of Chriptosporidium in 1993. The authorities did everything the government required of them, and still 403.000 got sick and 115 died.)
- With over 70,000 chemicals now in use and with the introduction of a 1,000 more each year, drinking water contamination is increasing at an alarming rate. According to a leading citizen lobby, U.S. drinking water has 2,300 toxic chemicals causing cancer, cell mutation, and nervous disorders.
- Existing treatment plants were not designed to remove the new toxic chemicals, and the government is slow to regulate the high rate of contamination.
- Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- If the amount of water in your body is reduced by; 1% you feel very thirsty and your metabolism slows down. 3% can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math and difficulty focusing on the printed page. 5% you will have difficulty moving your muscles or thinking clearly, reducing your ability to work by 20-30%. At 10% loss of body water you will die.
- Drinking 8 glasses of water daily DECREASES the risk of:
• colon cancer by 45%, breast cancer by 79%,
• bladder cancer by 50% rectal cancer by 38%.
• back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
• kidney stones and urinary tract infections
• constipation, migraine headaches and obesity.
- Scientific research has revealed that the quality of the water is directly proportional to the health and longevity of people in 5 regions of the world who regularly live over 100 years of age.
- It has been estimated that 53 million Americans, about 20 percent of the population, have been drinking water that is contaminated with feces, radiation, lead, or other poisons. This is according to data collected by the United States Environmental Protection Agency in 1993-1994. This was a 7.6 million increase over 1992!
Call Ron at (613) 523-7800 (local calls)
1-877-523-7800 (toll free - outside Ottawa) or e-mail now.